Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I recently lost my job. I cant afford my car loan anymore.

Customer Question

I recently lost my job. I can't afford my car loan anymore. I have a buyer for the car that is willing to pay top dollar for the car. My problem is that top dollar on my is $1500 dollars less than what I owe on my car note. I have called my lender and they are unwilling to work with me. They told me I can't sell the car unless I pay the $1500 which I don't have. They told me either have the repo or come up with the money. If I have the car repo that puts me in a worse spot because if they sell the car at aution they will get much less than what I can get now then I will have to pay the difference. I thing is the repo happen my only other option is BK which I'm trying to avoid. What are my options?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. What do you want to accomplish?