Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Is it legal to charge a cancellation fee for a service when

Is it legal to charge a cancellation fee for a service when no appointment was made and no services were rendered? The reciept has no mention of any cancelation fees or the fact of it being a non refundable deposit. Specifically, i made a 250 dollar down payment to get my car detailed. I never scheduled a time for it to be done, they provided no services in any shape or form, and my reciept has no mention at all of a cancellation fee.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. If you need more details after you read my answer, click reply (not relist) & I will gladly respond. It cannot be charged if not in the contract. Even if in the contract, it cannot be charged if they are in breach of the contract.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
..where is my answer? Im a little confused, do i accept it and then be able to view it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
..I still dont see an answer, and i even tried accepting it, but it jus took me to a page to rate the website and the services.....
Here it is again: Hello and thank you for your question. If you need more details after you read my answer, click reply (not relist) & I will gladly respond. It cannot be charged if not in the contract. Even if in the contract, it cannot be charged if they are in breach of the contract.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

All I am getting is the 'hello and thank you for your question'......I am not seeing anything in regards XXXXX XXXXX my question....... Sorry to be such a bother but i ont understand why I cnt see the answer

It cannot be charged if not in the contract. Even if in the contract, it cannot be charged if they are in breach of the contract.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That doesnt tell me how to recieve my answer at all
i posted the answer above for the 4th time. I do not know why you are not seeing it. I will post it again and ask customer service to help you.

I have asked customer service to help you as well with accessing it.