J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience with contract, debtor/creditor, and consumer law.

There are thousands of complaints against Direct TV, do you

Customer Question

There are thousands of complaints against Direct TV, do you know if the better business bureau is doing any thing about it. I am currently being ripped off by them. Thank you
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 6 years ago.

The BBB complaint process is voluntary. Other than bad publicity, there's not much the BBB can do to enforce complaints.

There are a few things you can do that can bring more pressure on Direct TV, other than spending the time, energy and money suing them yourself.

First, you should file an online complaint with the Indiana Attorney General. You can do so at the following link:

Second, you can file an online complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. You can do so at the following link:

These complaints will result in investigations being opened, if they have not already. If they have been opened, then the more complaints, the more likely significant steps will be taken and restitution be made available to the consumers.

Finally, there has been a class action lawsuit filed against Direct TV for various wrongdoings. You may be covered as a member of the class. Here's a link that provides a starting point for investigating that:

Please let me know, if you have follow-up questions.

The information is provided for discussion and entertainment purposes only. I believe in helping people and answering their questions and providing information and solutions. To encourage and facilitate this practice, it is understood and agreed by the recipient that by opening, reading, accepting, and viewing this information, no attorney-client relationship has been discussed, agreed to or otherwise established. It is understood that by posting to this site, your information is made public and no attorney-client confidence is created or possible.

In legal matters, time is of the essence. As such, you should contact an experienced lawyer right away to protect your legal rights!

I appreciate your "Accepting" my answer if it has been helpful to you. Doing so allows me to continue helping in this manner. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you very much, Now I have a good starting point that I wouldn't have even knew about if it wasn't for your information.

You are welcome. Thank you for the Accept.

Please don't hesitate to ask follow-up questions, should they arise as you explore your options.