How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steinlaw Your Own Question
Steinlaw, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, top foreclosure attorney
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Steinlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had my pharmacy license suspended by the State Board of California

Customer Question

I had my pharmacy license suspended by the State Board of California 7 years ago. My license should be re-instated Oct 09. I have been communicating with the state board every quarter as a condition of my suspension. I reported where I was looking for a job and had to submit 2 pharmacy names per month where I had applied. In the beginning, I was not allowed to work at any pharmacy unless I was supervised by another pharmacist. I was working at Walgreens at the time and was terminated because they weren't willing to pay two pharmacist to be working at the same time. This restriction was reduced to "probation" meaning that I didn't have to be supervised but had to disclose my probation. My violation was pretty serious so upon reading, several pharmacies where I applied immediately dismissed me. I have not worked since my license was suspended. I spoke to the pharmacy board this week and they said that that they might not reinstate mylicense because I haven't worked since suspensi
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more? Did you have an attorney originally? Was this a settlement with them?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did have an attorney. He wants $2,500 and then he will talk. I am trying to decide if I should try to talk with the pharmacy board directly or re-hire my lawyer. I didn't find him to be all that helpful or good through the process. He claims that he saved my license from being revoked outright. I guess you could call it a settlement with the board. I had to look for a supervised position, then a probationary position and was told that my license would be reinstated after 7 years.
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your question and I look forward to assisting you. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you have put all of the information in your question. Also, due to site reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. Also, there may be future facts that are as yet undetermined in your matter, that can and must leave some areas of information provided by me broad in nature. However, don't hesitate to ask for clarification if needed! At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. That being said...

You should talk to an attorney - but a new one. Bring a complete copy of your file. This is going to hinge on the exact wording in the settlement agreement. If it does not say that you had to maintain employment, you need to file for a writ of mandamus in the Superior Court directing the Board to reinstate you.

Good luck.

Legal Disclaimer. By requesting this information, you expressly agree to the following: The information given is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. The nominal price you may or may not pay for information does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship. The only method of gaining an attorney/client relationship with me is via a retainer and signed fee agreement, which is not offered via this site. I am providing only resources, opinion and information for you to be informed and educated about your particular rights and needs. My answer is limited to the facts presented with the understanding that you will do your proper due diligence and appropriate follow up with an attorney licensed in your state. I do not provide general or specific legal advice on this site. I also am licensed to practice only in California, which may not be the state where this information is being provided or state whose law would apply, if any. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions