Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I put $1500 down on a used car at a dealership and signed a

I put $1500 down on a used car at a dealership and signed a contract...I didn't take delivery of the car because they want a $3000 down payment until they will allow me to take possession of the vehicle. I have since found a better deal on a vehicle. I was wanting to ask if I can go back to the used car dealer and get my $1500 back?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
If you signed the contract, you're obligated to purchase the vehicle. Also, you're not entitled to a refund if you don't go through with the deal.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Even if I didn't take delivery of the vehicle due to the fact that I didn't have the funds to complete the contract which requires a $3000 down payment to be acceptable?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
Not taking delivery does not cancel what you signed. If you executed a contract to purchase the vehicle, you're obligated.