Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Lawyer
Experience:  Work and studies in privacy, lending, credit, and general consumer issues
2911261

I have a car loan with regional acceptance corp. they put multiply

I have a car loan with regional acceptance corp. they put multiply protection insurance on the loan. They told my wife that it was late fees at first. Once we figured out what they were doing they said they would take it off. They took some off but not all. Every time I talk to them I get the run a round, and just lied to. Now the loan is supposed to be paid off in December of ’09. And we are still going to owe 6,000 plus. And now I cannot find some of the insurance verification because they went out of business, and they refuse to take it off. What can I do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 5 years ago.

DearCustomer

You may be able to obtain some assistance from the regulatory agencies in your state. Lenders must normally be state licensed or federally licensed and most of the regional type lenders tend to be state licensed. There are normally state agencies which regulate and help assure that licensed lenders operate legally and fairly with consumers. A good point of contact, and another office that can assist consumers in finding their state's proper licensing board, is the state Attorney General's office. You can contact their consumer protection office here to discuss with them what has occured and to see if they can assist you or if you can contact another state regulatory or licensing agency to assist you. If this cannot resolve the issue, however, you may need to file a court suit and should consider that the time to do so may be running out.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I DO NOT GET IT. LICENSED TO DO WHAT. SCREW PEOPLE. LICENSING BOARD? SO I AM GOING TO HAVE TO PAY 1,200 A MONTH TO PAY A NESSION ALTIMA, JUST BECAUSE IT IS IN THE CONTRACT. I DO NOT GET ANY OF THIS

DearCustomer

You seem to have missed the point of what I tried to explain.

When businesses are licensed by a state that means that state legal authority has very strong abilities to make them obey the laws of the state because if they don't then the state can take their license away and then they can't do business anymore. That is why I provided the state agencies that you can call to get their help (FOR FREE) so you can file a compliant against this lender and see if the state agency can try to get them to honor the proper amount that you believe you owe, resolve the problems, and even help you obtain more information about the specific state agency that can regulate (if the attorney general alone does not) so you can contact them to see if they can do the same thing.

I hope this helps you.

Jane T (LLC), Lawyer
Experience: Work and studies in privacy, lending, credit, and general consumer issues
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
O, OKAY, SORRY. I AM JUST REALLY FUSTRATED WITH MY 20,000 USED ALTIMA