Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Lawyer
Experience:  Work and studies in privacy, lending, credit, and general consumer issues

What is the time limit I can get out from contract Direct

What is the time limit I can get out from contract? Direct TV claims it is 24 Hrs in SC.

There is not a general right to cancel or rescind all contracts a consumer enters into. Normally state and federal laws only allow consumers a right to cancel contracts for purchases of goods or services they make from door-to-door salespersons. Some state laws also protect consumers who make other purchases, such as fitness clubs, timeshares, membership clubs, or other specific types of purchases (one state even includes purchases of hearing aids), by giving them a specific time period to cancel without cost. You can contact your state's Department of Consumer Affairs here to speak to them about this company and see what rights you have in this purchase. In addition, state laws normally protect consumers who are promised one thing but receive a product that does not live up to those promises. This may also provide a consumer certain rights, such as cancellation. The SC Dept. of Consumer Affairs may also be able to asssit you with this issue.