Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable in the areas of consumer protection.

Is there a grace period after buying a used car that you can retrun the car.

Car has problems not covered under the warranty however it is supposedly a certified pre owned car that we paid a premium for.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately there are no grace periods when it comes to new or used vehicle purchases. You are bound to the terms of purchase as soon as you sign and take delivery of the vehicle. A contract can be cancelled if the purchase was based on certain conditions that have not been met, such as finance approval or if there was an expressed fraud or misrepresenation made by the dealer at the time of purchase to induce you to purchase. Otherwise you are obligated per the terms and coverage as provided by the warranty.

In Washington cancellation rights are limited to the following categories as specified through their website here.

The FTC here, also confirms there is no Federal right to cancel on auto purchases.

Please Note: My answer is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, doing research on your question, called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner[lawNinvest]. Thank you.