Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

How long should it take to get to court for an injunction hearing

How long should it take to get to court for an injunction hearing and then to get a ruling? This is a case in which we pay insurance premiums each month, but no benefits have been paid for more than a year and the company claims the policies are void (but continues to take premiums.) It took a month to get to court for the injunction hearing. Now, nearly two months later, the judge still hasn't ruled. In that time, my partner has been forced to withdraw from morphine "cold turkey" (which can be fatal) and his health is in steep decline now that we are no longer able to pay for his prescriptions, having paid for them for a year and still paid premiums to the insurer who should be covering them. I felt certain we'd be in better shape after the hearing and that we'd get a quick answer from the judge. (Even if that answer weren't in our favor, just having it would allow us to discontinue the nearly $3000 in monthly premiums so we could apply that, at least, to his care.
Generally, rulings on injunctions should be fairly quickly after the hearing because the purpose of the injunction is to prevent something from happening or to order something to keep happening without which the person will suffer irreparable harm for which money will not compensate him. I have never seen an injuction ruling take 2 months to be honest with you. The only thing you can do is get your attorney to keep on the judge's clerk, since under the law there are no set times to issue a ruling.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.