Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

GEHY RS8-42. SERIAL # RS842JZ0316872. IT DRIVES IN FORWARD

Customer Question

GEHY RS8-42. SERIAL # RS842JZ0316872. IT DRIVES IN FORWARD BUT NOT IN REVERSE. HAVE ANY IDEAS ?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: RS8-42 SERIAL # RS842JZ0316874
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: may fix it myself. im not with the machine currently. haven't tried any thing. they tell me it just wont go forward but reverse is fine
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 12 days ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Test for power in and out of the shift controller in all gear positions and if nothing is coming out in reverse , replace the faulty shift controller. thoroughly inspect the wiring harness and connector pins for damage and see if there's power to the revers solenoid for a possible faulty solenoid. Let me know