Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have Dynapac 362d that the engine runs fine until you

Customer Question

I have Dynapac 362d that the engine runs fine until you start to move hydro lever to make machine move. Problem is intermittent, sometimes it will run fine for hours. fuel filters have been changed and a new suction fuel hose installed and fuel tank drain and checked for debris. I also don't have any codes.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Model 362D, Pin #10000117L0A009659
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that It also died once when just raising rpm without moving hydro lever.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Is it bogging under a heavy load or more like it is starving for fuel? Or instant like you turned off the key?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Like you turned of key. It now does it 4 seconds after turning off park brake switch, it continues to run fine until park brake is turned off.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for the update. Is it throwing any errors or faults on the display?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No there are no errors or faults.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for the info. Id take a close look at the wiring harness and connector pins for corrosion , damage or loose connections including all grounds. Try a wiggle test on the wiring to see if you can duplicate the problem. When it dies see if you lose power to the fuel shutoff or if there is still power indicating a faulty shutoff. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 4 days ago.

Hi, did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No suspect it has a time related safety shut off mechanism due to the 4 second time it takes to shut off
Expert:  Dan replied 3 days ago.

I found a parts manual that will likely be helpful in identifying the electrical parts and locations.

Manual Parts

Expert:  Dan replied 3 days ago.

This has the fuse relay locations, etc

Operation/Maintenance