Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Cat 262c skid steer (2009). The parking brake wont

Customer Question

I have a Cat 262c skid steer (2009). The parking brake wont release and the yellow icon exclamation point is flashing. The owners manual tells me this means the machine needs operator attention. But where???
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Don't know. Will have to go to machine to get it.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The right joy stick will move the implement and seems to work fine. But the left joy stick that wont move the machine
Expert:  Dan replied 9 days ago.

Hi my name is Dan. I will be glad to try to help. Do you have access to Cat ET to pull codes and check parameters or do you have the digital readout option to view codes?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No
Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

Check your lapbar and interlock safety switches and door switch if equipped. If any of these are not engaged you will not be able to release the brake or run your functions.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 days ago.

Hi Did you get this resolved? We can post back and forth and follow up as needed.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 days ago.

I was field service for my local Cat dealer in the past. The C models are not like the B or straight series. They have a single ECM controlling everything and if you do not have the optional digital display to get your fault codes you are going to have a very difficult time troubleshooting this machine other than basic wiring inspection for damaged pins and wiring, bad fuses, poor grounds or voltage supply issues.