Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I think I just got the answer. My Deere 410 backhoe is

I think I just got the answer. My John Deere 410 b backhoe is losing power. It only has 1000 hrs on it. The RPM's go down to 1400 and I,m barely creeping. Im going to take the return line fitting off and see if there is a restriction. Already replaced fuel and air filter then removed both air filters to see if it could be air restriction. To no avail. If this doesn,t work I will get back to you.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: 410 b turbo t0410bb720451
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

does not sound like a return problem. I would be checking the supply from the tank up to the transfer pump. For test, attach test line from the transfer pump inlet, the line from tank, and drop back into the fuel tank filler opening, or a separate fuel container and run test.

I see question is still open, did you find problem?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I get great flow to the injector pump but the return check valve keeps plugging up and I loose power. When I remove check valve and remove the fiberous material stuck in the valve, reinstall, she runs fine unto it plugs up again . I've had to clean it 5 times in 2 hrs. Maybe there is something in the pump wearing out?

The governor ring is coming apart. For short term , you can remove the check valve and replace it with an open fitting, but the pump will need to be repaired.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank YOU

Good job!