catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Experience:  Field service technician for CAT 19 years.
11546476

Fan motor on a 908h wheel loader caterpillar wont work how

Customer Question

fan motor on a 908h wheel loader caterpillar wont work how do you get to the motor
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: i have a 908h wheel loader the heater motor only works part of the time first of all how do i locate it and what do you suggest
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 14 days ago.

Hello. I do not work on many of these mini machines so, I cannot speak from experience.

The blower motor appears to be wired the same as automotive applications. The fan switch send power through resistor assembly then to the fan motor.

An intermittent fan is often the motor failing but, check for corroded or loose connections first. Any sign of melting or blackened contacts is an indication of poor connections.

To access the wiring to the motor, remove a cover under the right side of the cab and the harness is connected through to the floor of the heater box.

To access the motor assembly, remove the seat, storage box, interior rear panels and floor covering that was under the seat. You can then remove the floor plate that covers the A/C box. The resistor assembly is inside the box with the motor assembly.

If you need further help with this, please include the complete machine serial number with your reply.

Thanks,

CATMASTERTECH

Expert:  catmastertech replied 9 days ago.

Hi, just checking in to see if you got my answer. Please return to the chat to reply. I cannot help you through emails.

If you need further help, please let me know