Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

How do I remove the steering clutches on a 450 Deere Dozier?

Customer Question

How do I remove the steering clutches on a 450 John Deere Dozier?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Its just a plan 450 no a b c or d on it. I don't have a serial # with me
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't started on it yet. I know I can put it back together if I ever get it apart
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Would rather get e-mail. Thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Raise the machine so both tracks are off the ground safely. Remove the seat and components/panels above the two covers at the rear top of the bevel gear cases and disconnect the linkage and lines. Remove the two covers to access the clutches. Remove the triangle covers on each side of the final drives with three bolts. Save the skims in the proper location for reassembly. Use a threaded bolt and washer to thread in and remove the pinion gears. unbolt the clutch assembly bolts on each side and spin the tracks around to access all the bolts. Once all removed lift the clutch and brake band assemblies from the housing. For help with your part brakedowns click this link.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Parts

Type the model and use the sectional index. Let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Thank you so much for your help. I will let you know if I need anything else. Luckie *****

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Pleasure to help Luckie.