Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a Kubota Kx040 mini ex and the track has come

Customer Question

Hello I have a Kubota Kx040 mini ex and the track has come partially off the drive gear. So I pulled the cover off to get to the grease fitting that gives the tension to the track idler. First question...
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: I noticed that the grease fitting is not lined up correctly with the cut out hole. It has moved back and is now off set from the hole by about an inch. On the other track that is still on this is lined up so you could attach the grease gun to the fitting. The way the side that has come off is now I would not be able to grease it and it has made removing the grease fitting harder... but I was able to get it off and have tried a block of wood run around the teeth of the drive and it would not decompress the idler or squirt grease out even though I have removed the grease zerk. I will go get it and type it to you in a minute.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Model is KX040-4 and serial # is 20311
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 days ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 days ago.

See link below, the spring may be broken, letting the cylinder move back too far!