Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a VST-3600i Model lift. The controls from the bucket

Customer Question

I have a VST-3600i Model lift. The controls from the bucket do not operate the lift. The lift can be operated from the Lower Control Panel. There is a selector lever on the Lower Control Panel and when selected "UPPER" the upper control panel will not operate. Select "Lower" and the lift operates normal using the LWR COntrol panel selector levers.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Model VST-36001. I do not have the Serial number with me.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Test power on both sides of all fuses and check relays by swapping with a known good one for test purposes. If okay check the wiring harness and connector pins for corrosion or damage causing an open circuit or short. Test continuity of the switches with an ohm meter. Let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Control panel is hydraulic driven not electrical. No wires going to either panel. Model VST-3600i. Serial Number W9202. It's a 1991 Ford F 450. Made in Texas by Time Manufacturing Company, I cannot read the date of mfg.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the update. If this is fully hydraulic and not electric over hydraulic then you will need to check the valve for contamination and debris if the lower controls wont switch to the upper. Check the filter as well for signs of metal/debris indicating an internal component failure occurring. Let me know