Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a LX885 that I purchased used all hyd seems to work

Customer Question

I have a LX885 that I purchased used all hyd seems to work fine except auxiliary shaft/spool. sitting in seat with seat belt on and ignition on and safety latch down I cannot get the shaft to move. Does it need to be rebuilt? Is there a way to relieve pressure on it?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: It is a New Holland LX885 serial number 113971 to 864900
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 days ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have removed the center counsel metal and the shaft does not move. The linkage is free, but not auxiliary shaft
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 days ago.

Is there an electric solenoid on the aux spool. like there is on the boom/bucket spools? On the boom and bucket NH uses a lock solenoid that has to be disengaged, before the valve spools will move. The seat switch and seat belt, lap bar, have to make circuit or the boom.bucket solenoids to release. If aux has same setup, do you get battery voltage to the solenoid? If no solenoid, remove the linkage to the valve and see if you can move spool in the valve section.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
With the linkage removed I still cannot move the spool. That's seated, seat belt connected and ignition on. pedals move but not the aux handle
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 days ago.

Is there a electric solenoid on the spool?If not , go the the opposite end of the spool and remove the cover that goes over the return spring end. It may be rusted up and needs to be freed up or replaced.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No solenoid on that spool. I did have to free up the linkage when I disconnected it from the spool and still nothing.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is it possible that there is pressure on that spool????
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 days ago.

On the back side of the valve spool will be the cover with return spring. Remove it and see if valve is free. The NH parts book does not show the aux valve!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I did not see a spring on the spool. I tried seated, seat belt buckled ign on and forcing the spool with the linkage disconnect and nothing.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 days ago.

Spring will be under a bolt on cover, It will not be visible util you remove the outer cover over the spool.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I did have the entire center sheet metal off and was doing this from the seat. I will have to check the parts blow up for that spring, but I did not see one.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I will have to look at this tomorrow. To dark and to cold for my 68 year old ass to be out there.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 days ago.

See # 32 and 35, this is main valve, but aux will have a similar cover and return spring setup/ Link below.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay, I get it. I will do that tomorrow,, but do I have to worry about any residual pressure on that? I still will stick with what I posted above.
I will have to look at this tomorrow. To dark and to cold for my 68 year old ass to be out there....
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Curtis, could you PLEASE answer my question about pressure on that spool?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 days ago.

With engine OFF , work the other valves to release any residual pressure, then there should be no residual on the aux!