catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Experience:  Field service technician for CAT 19 years.
11546476

Have a el200b excavator it has a log delimber instead of a

Customer Question

have a el200b excavator it has a log delimber instead of a bucket so I don't know what controls translate to. the main boom up and down works good the log grabbers and saw work good these would probably be the bucket controls . the problem is when I use the sliding stick when it goes out it is fine when it comes in it bogs the engine down the same happen with the rollers the swing will too if put under pressure the travel has had problems but it does the same. don't have a manual but will find one thought it might be electrical
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 month ago.

The only electrical issue you might have is power to the PRV solenoid. If you look at your pumps, a small hose will connect the pump control heads together and a line will tee from that point down to the solenoid manifold. The line will connect to a solenoid that looks different from the other solenoids. This is the PRV solenoid. Check the connection for voltage and a good ground. Also, place the controller into backup mode to see if that will supply the solenoid power. The circuit to the solenoid is directly from the backup switch. One side of the switch is from the electronic controller and the other is from a resister.

This is to provide a fixed pressure control when a failure of the controller exists.

Voltage and ground are both on the backup switch. Terminal #2 has a green wire w/yellow stripe, this is the positive side.

Terminal #5 has a green wire w/white stripe, this is the ground side.

Verify both of these wires have continuity to the solenoid and are provide voltage and ground. If this connection is good and the resister circuit has power, you can run the machine in the backup mode without any noticeable problem.

If you want to correct any error with the controller, it requires viewing and identifying the LED lamps on the controller to diagnose the issue. The lights will indicate where to begin troubleshooting the controller systems.

If you do wish to proceed, please include the full CAT machine serial number with your reply.

If you need further help with this repair, please let me know. I will be glad to help.

Thanks,

catmastertech

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you ill check this out and get back to you

You're welcome.

Just keep me posted of anything you find. I will be glad to help.

Were my answers helpful? Do you still need assistance?

Please let me know if I can help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's in the mountains I'm going up tomorrow I'll let you know

Ok, Thanks. Please keep me posted.

Were you able to reach your machine?

Please let me know if my answers are helpful.