Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Terex Lift SS644C the hydraulics locked up on the

Customer Question

I have a Terex Lift SS644C the hydraulics locked up on the joystick when extending strait out almost all the way- the brakes also locked and the red brake light beside brake control went out.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Terex Genie Model SS644C Serial Number 003336 6,000 pound lift capacity
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 18 days ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the hydraulic filter for fine metal/ debris indicating a pump or component failure occurring as well as discoloration or metallic glitter in the oil indicating the same. If okay have the pressures tested and if in specs also check the harness, fuses and relays and the electrical solenoids and switches. Let me know