Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Bob cat code m1707

Customer Question

bob cat code m1707
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2014 t770 M 1707 hydraulic lock valve open circuit fuse good relay good
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! I don't normally work on these, but I can give it a shot if you'd like. Did you still need assistanve with this? Did you want me to try or do you prefer to wait on a tech that knows these pretty well?_______________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi Jeremy, I am a heavy mechanic for 15 years and another 15 on light duty trucks and cars , but like you I don't work a lot on bob cats its not I don't believe on your expertise but really I need somebody who work only on this machine I got a 2014 bob cat model T77 the machine moves but the arm and bucket don't move red lock symbol flashing and code M1707 come up like I said no fuse blown and relays are all working I got power going to the switch for hand and foot control but missing some going out I replaced switch but did not work
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2014 T770 BOBCAT
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

I will opt out and let a more experienced tech assist on this.

I completely understand. I'm more of a truck tech myself and do some work on some machines for customers of the trucking companies, but not often.

Thanks for the reply and have a great day!

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help.

M1707 Hydraulic Lock Valve Solenoid Open Circuit

This means the solenoid harness or solenoid itself is open or has failed. Inspect for both. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You just repeat the code definition no thanks I just want my refund
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Thats right. an open circuit means just that. Not a fuse or relay problem "Lock valve solenoid" Open circuit.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
well I know that very well , more than a dozen of lock valve- solenoid installed on this machine the answer I am expecting is to guide which valve and where to start to put my meter.