Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I HAVE A C185 NEWHOLLAND, WANT START, I LEFT THE HYDROLIC

Customer Question

I HAVE A C185 NEWHOLLAND, WANT START , I LEFT THE HYDROLIC LEVER ON WHEN I CUT IT OFF, THEN TURNED THAT OFF, WENT TO RESTART EVERY THING WORKS ASE SEAT BELT AND SEAT SENCORS WORK AS THEY SHOULD. SPINS OVER, PEADLES WONT MOVE. I THINK ITS A LOCK OUT ON HYDROLICS. MY QUESTION IS WHERE IS SERVICE SWITCH AND HOW TO GET THE LOCK OUT TO RELEASE. IM ON 300 ACERS AND A MILE IN WOODS
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The heavy equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

I engine is spinning over, the foot pedals are not an issue. Your problem seems to be the fuel shutoff solenoid on the side of the injection pump. The solenoid is external t the injection pup, and has to move the lever for run/kill. Doe it move when you flip key on and off? It has to have battery voltage to operate, maybe a blown fuse? Or with this type solenoid, it can be wired back, in the run position , to let engine start. Solenoid either has no voltage, or is bad. To get you going, wire it in the run position, that should get you out of the woods!

I see question is still open, did you get out of the woods?