Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

My L160 skidsteer will not start battery check show good

Customer Question

My L160 skidsteer will not start battery check show good good volts, hour meter flashes & beeps showing "volts 0.01" than goes back to showing usage hours. this happens when I turn the key off and on
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: SN-- N6M434082
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: L160NA115
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Voltage check the battery
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Removed the switch from under the seat and connected a jump wire together on the female side. still wont start.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I Voltage checked the battery. It shows 12 plus volts, battery ok.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Do the glow plugs lite up? Does the battery voltage drop when glow plugs are on? You have cleaned the battery cables? Everything points to a battery/cable probelm. Will it crank in the service mode? How old is the battery?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Engine doesn't even turn. Battery is new and when tested it shows 12 plus volts. all instrument panel lights work , horn loud it doesn't seam like it could be the battery. Think it maybe seat belt or seat switch. When I seat in the seat it would make a beep sound and instrument panel lights goes on , It doesn't happen now.
I ran the skid steer last week the only thing I was noticing is the hour meter was beeping and flashing until I increase the engine speed than it goes off. But it would work fine.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
service mode? how do I get it in service mode? my machine doesn't seem to have a switch for that.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will be driving to go to the machine will message you back when I get there and we can continue
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Think its the seat switch, I ordered one today. Can you think of anything else just in case it isn't the seat switch

Seat switch or harness to it! Thanks for reply. Let me know the result.