Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Bobcat was running. Shut down to grease it .Tried to start

Customer Question

Bobcat was running. Shut down to grease it .Tried to start it and there was no power
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: my Bobcat is a 185 S turbo I don't have the serial no. with me
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had it at a friends. He was doing a bit of land scalping and he called me and told me what it told you. He checked fuse box and then tried to boosti it. He said the battery has plenty of power.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know if there is a relay or fuse to the power switch it is a button
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 24 days ago.

Hi my name is***** you still need help with this? If so what is your serial number?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
serial #525016250
Expert:  Dan replied 19 days ago.

Thanks for the update. Test all fuses with key on for power on both sides and for relays you will swap one at a time with a known good one. Before doing that test for power at the starter small S terminal signal wire with someone putting the switch in the cranking position. If there is power there and the battery and all battery to starter connections are good you have a bad starter. Let me know

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Perhaps there is a misunderstanding but there is no key, only a touch pad. There is no power on pad, where there had been when it was shut off.
Expert:  Dan replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for the update. so you have no display or anything on the pad? If this is the case you will need to test for power and ground to the keypad and if there is power there then the keypad is no good. If there is not you will need to check the wiring harness ans test all fuses and relays. Let me know