Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 2012 zx40u-3 excavator, recently done a service on

Customer Question

Hi , i have a 2012 zx40u-3 excavator , recently done a service on it and changes out the in tank hydraulic filter , after about 10 to 15 hours of operating after the service the machine started to play up a little , the main thing with when slewing left or right it would cut down on slew speed , engine wasnt under load it sounded like everything normal then after a while is would come good again , it became more frequent but now has settled a little bit , when it does do it , i move the boom up and down dipper in and out jib the boom left to right all at the same time and it seems to stop what ever is happening and everything goes back to normal , any idea on what it could be ?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 24 days ago.

Hi Tom, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your serial number is ***** still need help with this?

Expert:  Dan replied 24 days ago.

The first thing you want to do is check for signs of s potential hydraulic pump or component failure occurring. To do this inspect inside the hydraulic filter for fine metal/debris indicating a failure. It will look like metallic glitter in the oil and filter. If okay you will then want to inspect the relief valve cartridges in the main control valve for debris causing them to stick, damaged o rings or to the valve itself. Let me know