Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a 2004 252 skidsteer which worked well until

Customer Question

I have a 2004 252 skidsteer which worked well until recently. I hadn't used it in almost a year, but when I started it, it ran fine (engine), but the hydraulics wouldn't work. Is there a relay or solenoid that engages the pumps?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: I'll be right back. Going outside to get that for you
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: CAT00252JFDD01436*
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 7 months ago.

The first thing to check is the door switch to verify it is working. Then check any hydraulic shutoff switches (if equipped).

Then look at the engine cooling fan. If the fan is not turning, the pump drive has failed.

Next, if the drive is good, note if either the armrest lamp or parking brake lamp is flashing. This indicates a fault in the Electronic Safety Interlock Controller.

This is the control point for you pump control solenoids. If a fault is present, the controller will not allow the system to operate.

Let me know more details about your problem and if any of the above scenarios are present. We can proceed from there if you still want help.