Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Certified.
30708357

I am a marine surveyor i have a client with a C12-705 HP,new

Customer Question

I am a marine surveyor i have a client with a C12-705 HP,new after 150 HRS failed,a consultant has stated that the reason was that the rings on one cylinder rotated during opertation
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: C12-705 HP,i do not have serial no on hand,failed after 150 hrs since new,it was found that one cylinder the rings rotated,aligning the gaps,thus combustion into the sump,i have never heard of it happening,i am 72 years old a marine surveyor,i recon possibly at assembly,thats my thoughts.
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No i think i have given what i have been told,a marine consultant has reported that the rings may have rotated during opertation,150 hrs since new.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Could you elaborate on your question please? Did the engine have a cylinder failure?