Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a D400 series 2 articulated truck. It sticks in first

Customer Question

I have a D400 series 2 articulated truck. It sticks in first and will not go to neutral or reverse. Is there a shift controller or a shifting shuttle that could stick in place?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: I am not by it right now. I can look at it tonight when I get home
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ma'am
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 month ago.

Most of these trucks have transmissions similar to Scraper transmissions. I haven't worked on many D400 trucks but the smaller ones have a cam linkage and spool valve control that can have many different issues.

The best place to start is to look at the diagnostic light or codes (depending on your model) and then get into the control valve.

You can inspect the cam and linkage but, I would need to know the serial number to verify the setup to center the controls properly.