Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a deere 332 skid steer. It will start but then die

I have a John deere 332 skid steer . It will start but then die Then start again and die. checked power to fuel shout off solenoid , Have power untill engine starts then after starting loose power then after engine quits then power comes back.I ran a jumper wire from the battery and it runs fine . I get three codes F965 F974 F9H8 what are these codes. I also Need to know what Parking REL off means.
also the boom wont raise ,
Help Jeff

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. what is your serial number of your machine? Bare with me while I dig up these codes.

F974 is alternator voltage is out of range high. Test your battery and charging circuit for proper operation.

F965 is low Hydraulic pump flow. Check the filter for fine metal/debris indicating a potential pump failure occurring and if clean verify pressures are in specs and if so check for a faulty sensor or harness throwing false readings.

F9H9 hydraulic output lock solenoid is open. When this fault is active the boom and bucket functions will be disabled. Check the harness and lock solenoid for an open circuit. The boom lock and bucket lock solenoids should test between 14 and 18.5 ohms

Let me know

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
where is the hyd output lock solenoid located
Customer: replied 7 days ago.

Click on this link to access the Deere parts catalog. Type the model and then select sectional index. Then go to the hydraulic section and into the control valve section. You will access the breakdowns of the valve and solenoids locations. Let me know