Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have issue with my EC240BLC volvo excavator, The machine

Customer Question

I have issue with my EC240BLC volvo excavator
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: The machine turns off by itself and can only be turned on after it cools down
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The machine will take an hour or half to coll down and then it can be powered on. This may happen at any time while its working.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to help. Are you getting any fault or error messages through the monitor panel? Is it overheating? Any smoke, hydraulic functional or operational issues on any particular functions? Please provide further detail on the symptoms you are having.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The hydraulic operations are fine, there is no smoke.
When the engine heat reaches 3rd or 4th point mark on monitor it turns off
Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

What fault codes are logged in the monitor panel? If it is shutting down there will likely be a fault or error code in the monitor. Check all your fuses and relays as well and the wiring harness to the VECU and ECU for corroded, burnt or damaged connectors/wires in behind the seat in the cab or possible faulty VECU. Let me know.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
there are fault codes and warnings on monitor panel. i will get it and update you by tomorrow.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

sounds good. Let me know