catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Experience:  Field service technician for CAT 19 years.
11546476

My 305.5 E2 CR will run but we have no hydraulic power on

Customer Question

My 305.5 E2 CR will run but we have no hydraulic power on any controls. It was loading a truck and then just stopped? Any ideas? No codes thrown, power at all fuses.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 month ago.

Check the activation solenoid for power on the main control valve.

This is the solenoid at the top of the stack and to the right when facing the main control valve.

If you have power when the safety lever and key switch are on, try swapping the coils with the two speed coil next to it.

If that doesn't work, you can try swapping the solenoid valves.

If that still doesn't work, you will need a technician to perform further testing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was the the rubber connector (not what it's called) that hooks to the motor and the pump. Had to remove motor, counter weight..etc. lucky was under warrranty. It's called hydraulic valve coupler or something. Hope this helps you for future people FYI operator smelled burning rubber for a hour before all hydraulics quit.

Ok, I was thinking that could be an issue but, since this is a new model I would not believe it would fail unless the machine has been abused.

Glad you found the problem. If you wish to be refunded your charges, please contact customer service.