Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

My 330Cl serial *CAT0330CEDKY01485*everything working

Customer Question

My 330Cl serial *CAT0330CEDKY01485*everything working perfectly but if release the boom and you go down its like something is broking the hydraulic system
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 25 days ago.

Hi Emmanuel, It is Dan. Can you provide more detail in what is happening? Is the boom going down on its own with the controls released? If so check for sticking pilot plungers under the joystick control handle and boot. They are known to stick and if so you can replace the plunger. If thats okay check the boom relief valves and the control valve spool for damage or not centering from broken springs etc. Also check the cylinder for bypass in the seals of the cylinder. Let me know.