Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

My 1996 Mustang Skid Steer creeps forward. How do I locate

Customer Question

my 1996 Mustang Skid Steer creeps forward. How do I locate the Neutral Centering device
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Their appears to be two under the seat one as on each side as a look in
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi Rick, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the linkage for any excessive wear as if the linkage is worn you will never get it to center or adjust to Neutral. What is your serial number?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not sure where the serial number is ***** just bought this machine. the linkage is tight, no slop at all.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Found the Serial number it is #9301457. This is the Loader Serial number. the Engine number is ***** to be more difficult, will require some degreasing to see clearly.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for that. We will need to find a service book for this model for the adjustment procedure. Let me see what I have and what I can pull up for you. If the linkage is good there could be a problem with the control valve themselves on the pumps or just out of adjustment. You can try centering it with the linkage disconnected but lets see if we can find you a service book.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

There is one in paper version on Amazon but you might be able to find one through E bay as well. Let me opt out in case another expert might have the procedure to adjust the linkage from the service book.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

I see Dan opted out. I would go direct to the two pumps and remove the linkage from the tow operating levers, Crank the machine and the two pump levers should seek the neutral position. If they do all you have to do is adjust the linkage to match the levers. If the pumps don't neutralize, then there is internal problems with the pumps and you are not going to get it to adjust!