Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 210le skip loader, I hit a hard bump &the parking

Customer Question

i have a 210le skip loader, I hit a hard bump &the parking brake engaged, I cant get it to
release. I shut it off to see if it release, then the tractor would not start it acts like its in gear the starter wont engage, help
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your serial number?

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Take a very close look at the wiring harness and connector pins for damaged or corroded wiring if you are 100% sure the fuses and relays are good. Test got power in and out of the park brake switch and to the solenoid with a test light or volt meter. Let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
JOHN DEERE SERIAL NUMBER# ***** 885711
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
CHECK ALL PINS & CONNECTIONS, ALL WORKS. THERE IS POWER IN AND OUT OF SOLENOID AND BRAKE SWITCH.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

thanks for the update. It sounds like the transmission neutral safety is not seeing neutral causing these symptoms. By chance the the shift lever take a jolt? Test power in and out of the shift lever in each posistion to see if there are damaged contacts inside. Let me know