Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

Have a 279c2 two speed machine - the yellow buzzing light

Customer Question

Have a 279c2 two speed machine - the yellow buzzing light (explanation point) comes on about 10-after I start it - only logged code is e391-1 see pic which I believe is inlet air restriction - when light and buzzer comes on fuel gage goes to zero and other Gage's do as wellMachine still runs and drives - I can hit 2nd speed and it feels it goes into it but rabbit doesn't show up- have taken all air component out and cleaned box
- new ... view full
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just switched air boxes with sensor from my 289c2 and just turned key over didn't start it up and fuel gage went up then went back doe and explanation point surrounded in box came back on
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Is that the only code that came up? Do you have a laptop with connector to read the module?

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hi My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Do you have Cat Et access to monitor live parameters in the machine ECM?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Check for the signal from the Machine ECM to the two speed solenoid and inspect the wiring harness and connector pins. also if the two speed solenoid is getting powered then check for its operation or for a possible failed solenoid. Click this link for some troubleshooting information I put together for you. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Dan I am at a funeral right now I'll check this out and get back with you!
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

My sincere condolences. Pleasure to help and whenever you are ready. We can post back and forth as needed.

Expert:  Dan replied 28 days ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Sorry just got back out to the farm
Expert:  Dan replied 24 days ago.

Thanks for the follow up. Let me know if you got all the information you need and if so please take a moment to rate my service as that is how the experts are credited for their time helping on the site. it's a pleasure to help.