Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have purchased a new hydraulic mower and have attached it

Customer Question

I have purchased a new hydraulic mower and have attached it to my CAT 257B and cannot get the mower's hydraulic motors to turn the blades
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Cat 257B Multi Terrain Loader
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just hooked up the mower. It is a Bob Cat brand. The hoses hooked up fine but the hydraulics will not turn the hydraulic motors. I checked the standard hydraulic flow requirements for the mower. The range is 15 to 26 gpm. My machine should have 22 gpm standard flow. I was wondering if there was a switch in the cab that I need to activate. Or.......
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 2 months ago.

What is your serial number?