How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 1130
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
Type Your Construction and Road Equipment Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have Altec Bucket Truck Model AA-600 Serial Number

Customer Question

I have Altec Bucket Truck Model AA-600 Serial Number 0788-J2149
Located on the lower controls there is a joystick that moves the boom clockwise and counter-clockwise. I removed the valve body and found a piece broken off. It has no part number or ID Number on the piece. I have photographs of the piece. I can not find anyone that can give me information on getting a replacement. Can you offer any help?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 8 months ago.

Are you talking about the swing joystick?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not the joystick itself. I am talking the hydraulics that are worked by the joystick. Our bucket would only go clockwise. The pilot valve for counterclockwise rotation was broken off. I've added photographs of the valve pieces.
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 8 months ago.

Working on it I will get back with you as soon as possible

Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 8 months ago.

See if this is what you are looking for

Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 8 months ago.

Did the info I sent help you?

Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 8 months ago.

Any news yet?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No. The Altec Drawing you sent shows the Valve Body. My Pic No. 8027 shows my main valve body. What I am looking for is on my Pic 8028 this brass fitting piece attaches to the side of the main valve body. The large hole in the front of this brass body is where the joystick mounts. My pic #8029 is the back side of this brass body. In this picture, there is an aluminum "plug valve" that screws into the back of the brass fitting. You can still see the threaded end in the brass fitting from where it broke off. My pic #8027 shows an aluminum "plug valve" with its threads still attached. This is what I need...Another "Plug Valve" to replace the broken one. I was able to back the threaded end out of the brass body, so it is fine. I just need a new plug valve for the back of the joystick brass valve assembly.
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately Altec does not off individual pieces for that valve you will need to buy the whole section of that valve

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
By whole section are you meaning the joystick brass section and valve plug...(My Truck has three joystick brass bodies that attach to the Main Hydraulic Valve Assembly.) Or will the entire Main Hydraulic Valve Assembly Body along with the three joystick brass assemblies that attach to the main valve body need to be replace completely?.
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 8 months ago.

You just need to get the section of valve with the faulty plug valve you do not need to get the joysticks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok. Back to my original question. Is there a part number or ID number for this piece. Altec service can't figure out what I am in need of.
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 8 months ago.

On the picture I sent you each section has a part number contact Altec parts they should be able to cross the part number over

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The drawing I received doesn't show the Joystick's or the brass fitting they mount in. So I am not sure what part number you are referring to.
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 8 months ago.

How many sections over from the main hydraulic line coming in is the section that you need

Related Construction and Road Equipment Questions