Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Certified.

Just bought a class motor home with a 350hp cat, (2005,

Customer Question

Just bought a class motor home with a 350hp cat, (2005, 49,000 miles)
Hasn't been driven much for the past 2 years. Was stored indoors connected to electricity.
Has been serviced regularly in spite of not being driven much.
I picked it up today. Stopped to get fuel. After starting back up the check engine light came on. Stayed on less than 5 minutes. In the 2 or so hours it took to drive home, it flickered on and off maybe a 1/2 dozen times.
Is this something to be concerned about ?
Thank you for your assistance.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Most often when the yellow check engine light comes on its not a major problem. This light indicates the engine has a fault code. There are many things that can happen to turn the light on. The most common is a problem in the injection actuation pressure system. This operates the fuel injectors.
I would recommend having someone connect a service tool and read the codes. You may just have a faulty sensor.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 month ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.