Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My komatsu grader 555 -3 wobbles from side to side when

Customer Question

Hi my komatsu grader 555 -3 wobbles from side to side when grading we have rebushed the circle and lift rams and front end and have minimal wear in slides but still does it .also the transmission will stop driving the trans alarm and red light comes on and to get it to move again i need to go to park position for a couple of second s then it will go again.cheers greg
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi Greg, My name is***** there any other worn bushings in the steering or suspension/axles/hubs? Check for those. Is the swing circle wobbling or the complete machine? What are you getting for fault codes for the transmission issue? Also check the transmission oil and filter for signs of discoloration and burnt smell as well as fine metal/debris in the filter/suction screen, and oil indicating an internal failure occurring. Let me know