Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

Komatsu 220lc-6. Error code 05, Ran fine yesterday. Started

Customer Question

Komatsu 220lc-6. Error code 05
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Construction Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Ran fine yesterday. Started it this morning and it will not throttle up just idle only
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Construction Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: It's old and slow like me
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your serial number of your machine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

E05 governor motor system fault. Check the wiring between the throttle control dial and the stepper motor. If okay check the resistance or voltage from the control dial for any open circuits for a faulty control dial. If okay its possible a failed stepper motor if it is not responding to the change in voltage signal to it and you have confirmed the voltage signal is there. Let me know