Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

We have problem with Volvo 120c loader the motor temperature

Customer Question

we have problem with Volvo BM 120c loader the motor temperature is up to 104 C since we change the bottom hose of the radiator
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

104 C is not extremely hot. What did loader run before? Does it blow out coolant ? Does t keep rising, or is it stable at 104? Has thermostat been replaced?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It did get to 106C but we stopped use. We have removed the centre of thermostat and we believe it overheats quicker than before.
All belts seem in good order. The bottom of motor is warm on outside but the rest of engine is cold,that is rocker cover cold head is cold all on the outside. Radiator is cold. We do believe there is circulation of water but don't know if it is enough. The temp is normally 76 to 83C I am trying it to see if the temp continues to rise over 104. I told operator to stop at 110C. Is this a risk?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is no steam from overflow plastic bottle,Maybe Temperature sender plug faulty??
The machine is working quite well. Can the hydraulic system make the temperature move like this?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am in Melbourne Australia .May I call you?
My Phone***********or mobile***********

Even 110 C is not excessive. With pressurized system, and 50/50 antifreeze mix, the coolant will not boil until 128 C. But if it was running cooler before, something has changed. When hose was replaced, did engine overheat? The fan is doing it's job and the radiator outer fins have been pressure washed? You say thermostat center has been removed? Needs to be replaced and the temperature of the system tested with a test thermometer to determine if the heat gage sender is accurate.

Phone call is extra charge and I am in Texas, and it is 3:39 AM here. And I don't know what I could add with call!