Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a recently purchased 2003 3cx backhoe, i noticed

Customer Question

Hi, I have a recently purchased 2003 3cx backhoe, i noticed motor oil was low and put 1.5ltrs of approved oil in, Im not sure if It was just me but the motor seem to surge when idling, have been using it for around a week with a 60k drive and today it stopped all of a sudden... no oil spill. I think its fuel related but am unsure if I've put too much oil in and damaged the motor.
Also when checking the fuel tank Ive noticed jerry can nozzles x2 and a fuel hose end in the tank (can't get them out atm) I was thinking as I've been working on slopes maybe the items in the tank stopped the flow of fuel enough to cause it to stop?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Is engine cranking over? If not cranking, it is not a fuel problem! No cranking, you need to check the engine by putting a wrench on crankshaft to be sure the engine is not seized. If engine is cranking, check the bleed screw at the fuel filter, and see if you have fuel flowing when cranking. No fuel, then you need to check the supply fro the tank!