Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 440b skidded that caught a fire inside the dash .I

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** have a 440b skidded that caught a fire inside the dash .I rewired and put new hydraulic lines on.It fires rite up but the blade won't move up or down pressure and steering is erratic.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: The hydraulic pump doesn't rattle like it always has its quite I guess because of no pressure
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to help. Sounds like possibly a few things. Check the filter for fine metal indicating a pump issue or component issue damaged from the fire heat. check the control valves and relief valve o rings for the same which would cause a bypass in pressure. Check the electrical solenoids and valves for damage as well. if okay verify hose and wiring routing per the shop manual schematics. Let me know