Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

My KX121-3 excavator is having issues when under any strain

Customer Question

My KX121-3 excavator is having issues when under any strain digging or traveling it locks up but if you raise the safety arm on left side of the seat then push back down it allows the machine to continue what ever you are doing but quickly locks up again . I changed both safety switches on the left and right side and also changed both hydo filters and oil, but it still has this issue. its almost like intermittent electric power going thru the switches. any ideas?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi Tracy, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the change valve over by the hydraulic tank and solenoids and harness for damage, power/ground, and proper operation. Check the filter for fine metal/debris indicating a pump or component failure occurring. Let me know