Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

D9H cant engage gears when hot. trapped 1/2 way, walk away

Customer Question

D9H cant engage gears when hot. trapped 1/2 way, walk away until cool and start again - new hyd pump
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Construction Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: had pressure test which was about 250 on the box-this has been ongoing since aquired 3yr ago
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Construction Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: had trany/hyd cooler collapse and have change that out as well
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I've been away for a few days and see this question has been waiting for awhile. I don't work on these daily, but can try to assist you where I can. Do you still need assistance with this?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

If you need manuals, diagrams, etc please don’t hesitate to ask. I have access to several different OEM resource sites and can provide these items as needed for a premium service at the direct technician cost to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback and not the site feedback. If for some reason you don’t see the rating screen, please reply with the rating you would like to give me.

If you feel you need to rate lower than 4 stars, please contact me first for I strive for full customer satisfaction.

Please note that customers are required to rate per your end user service agreement with the site.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Jeremy, Thanks mate for your time I am 1400 km away from machine and not operator. Valve body cleaned, orifices cleaned & working, pistons etc adjusted to spec-works fine cold. no foaming oil in tank and level seems not to change. screens etc cleaned virtually no metal on mags, do not have gauges avail. Shift lever gets caught/locked 1/2 way going from fwd to reverse when hot ?oil Starvation in/to box?, TC flooding?. checked new trans cooler/not blocked. Trans temp was going up on gauge.
lets see where this goes - I am in west oz
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I realise that we will have a time difference as I am 8hr +GMT/UTC and a day to the US. Plus I shall be ringing the operator back and forth to answer your questions - so if this becomes too hard I don't have a prob with it and shall rate you as excellent as you got back to me Peter
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Priority valve was changed out by previous owner 4 yr ago- don't know if it was new or used. This D9H flat track s/n D353E97V-0464, 90vSN71918P5471 is not working hard except on rehab. Engine temp is fine in green.
I am on Skype Dhufish1015 Dhuie but have not used it for ages. If you have Skype send me your contact and appropriate Perth time (WST) to talk. Just spoke to Rocky (operator) he shall redo all internal and external adjt to valve spools and linkage today now he knows how to do it and where it is in the manual Peter
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Jeremy just got the net back on - phone line prob.
this issue has been ongoing incl with prev owners for ages say 5 or 6 years, they walked away until it was cold as well ( Oil viscosity? or Temp issue?), they have HD fitters and never got it sorted, the valve body spools are scored slightly, the adjt was wrong last night 12 Aug with the head of spool 5mm pround but it changed gears like new when cold. Now everybody has been messing around with the valve body and adjustments but the shift lever lock up is still there when hot. Will have 2 fitters with gauges on site in next two weeks with luck. Any advice or guidance or check sequence for them would be appreciated. I am trying to look at this from a different point of view as this could be anywhere in the circuit incl broken metal seal rings in TC or clutchesPeter
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Jeremy, Thanks for your time and effort - now how do I pay you and rate your service on this issue. I realise it is not an easy one to deal with-without all the pressure values etc present on the D9 to allow you to fault find and offer outcomes.
Cheers Peter