Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Lx665 new Holland skid steer. Starts up and runs, stop light

Customer Question

Lx665 new Holland skid steer. Starts up and runs, stop light and looks like gear oil light stays lit. Engine shuts down after a minute.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

# 24 in the above link, is the filter restriction indicator. If it is bad, light come sn and engine shuts down.

Sorry, look at the second link, # 19 is the hydrostat switch, it is more likely the problem. It was common for these to fail, and we kept them on our service trucks to take care of this same problem .

Forget about 24, but it is located at the rear of the unit, where the radiator cover opens and exposes the hydraulic filter. it screws directly into the filter/ # 19 in the second link, is the likley culprit. It Is located on a hose, on the engine firewall. I canceled your second question, please reply here.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

I see question is still open, was the hydrostat pressure switch bad?