Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

MY 287B WILL CRANK AND WHEN I HIT THE PARKING BRAKE SWITCH,

Customer Question

MY 287B WILL CRANK AND WHEN I HIT THE PARKING BRAKE SWITCH, THE BUCKET WILL OPERATE, BUT THE MACHINE WILL NOT MOVE. THE PARKING BRAKE LIGHT IS BLINKING AT THAT POINT. PLEASE HELP.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: MY 287B WILL CRANK AND WHEN I HIT THE PARKING BRAKE SWITCH, THE BUCKET WILL OPERATE, BUT THE MACHINE WILL NOT MOVE. THE PARKING BRAKE LIGHT IS BLINKING AT THAT POINT. PLEASE HELP.
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: NO. MACHINE HASNT BEEN RUN IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS. I AM TRYING TO CHECK FUSES BUT I DONT HAVE A BOOK TO TELL ME WHAT FUSES ARE WHAT
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I have been gone for a few days and I see no one has assisted, yet. Were you able to resolve this issue? If not, what all have you tried?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

If you need manuals, diagrams, etc please don’t hesitate to ask. I have access to several different OEM resource sites and can provide these items as needed for a premium service at the direct technician cost to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback. If for some reason you don’t see the rating screen, please reply with the rating you would like to give me.

Please note that customers are required to rate per your end use service agreement with the site.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy