Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a Case 580 L series 2 backhoe that from one day to

Customer Question

I have a Case 580 L series 2 backhoe that from one day to another just stopped moving forward or reverse. I replaced the relays, solenoids in the valve, filters and transmission oil, and still not moving.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: we checked all of the electrical components and everything that we can diagnose looks fine, after we installed the solenoids the tractor tires move front and back very little like it needs more power through the pump.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If you have power to the transmission shift solenoids in all gear positions and the solenoids are new then when you serviced the filters and the suction screen did you not any fine metal/debris inside the old filters or oil discoloration or burnt smell indicating an internal failure occurring? This would be the procedure to troubleshoot this. If it was clean then pressure gauges would need to be used to verify the pressures are in OEM specs or low indicating a faulty pump or excessive internal leakage in the transmission. Let me know