Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin,
Experience:  Field Technician at Thompson Tractor Company
29889544

Bobcat 773, I use it very little, never had a problem. Last

Customer Question

Bobcat 773, I use it very little, never had a problem. Last used this spring for two days lifting logs to cut into chunks. Finished and drove to the shed. Been sitting there until the other day. Started it up and got off, always let the engine run some. I heard a beep, beep and ran back. Before I could get in the engine shut down. The code is 04-22, low oil pressure. Tried couple of times, same thing. Started it up and revved it up half throttle. Light went out till I got backed out of the shed, maybe 20 seconds and them came on again. If I pull the elect. connection off the sensor should I be able to read voltage on the wire, if so how much. If voltage is there must be sensor, correct? Any other ideas?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 4 months ago.

That wire should be a ground wire going to the sensor you should be able to disconnect the wire and run the engine if the light stays out it will be a sensor issue if the light stays on it will be a wiring or connector issue

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you say there should be a ground wire to the sensor. "When I pull the plug out there are 3 little green wires that go into that plug and the plug to the sensor. I did start the engine with the plug pulled and the light stayed on but am concerned because seems three wires are more than a ground.

You must have a newer deutz engine let me do some research I will get back with you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Lets cancel the phone call and just email me the answer.
Thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have Kubota v2003-t-eb-bobcat-1s engine
I have a 773 turbo bobcat
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Bradley, I should have told you also that the ends of those 3 wires are wet with oil. Should they be or should they be dry.
Thanks

They should be dry your oil pressure sending unit is leaking I would replace it and see if the code goes away.

Let me know how it does after you replace the sending unit if you need help with a part number let me know