JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

We own a Belle Skidsteer Model 761-1 w/ Yanmar engine

Customer Question

Hello, We own a Belle Skidsteer Model 761-1 w/ Yanmar engine 4TNE88-EBEI. We are having problems with the Hydraulics very speratic, jumps around when using controls. Unit has 560.8 hours Purchased in 2002.
We decided to change the hydraulic fluid & both Filters one in tank & one one the return line. The manual calls for 10W-30 API SF/CD for Disel engines there seems to be this huge concern not to use this oil?? when the manufacture says to use it. We are in Illinois so tempature changes will effect preformance of machine Cold winters, setting of unit sometimes etc. We have to find the tank filter yet. We understand how important to get all the gunk out of the tank. Should we use lint free rags? Do you think we are taking the proper approach to see if this begins to fix the issues at hand? Can we tell anything from looking at the filter whats been happening to the unit possible?? Ive asked a lot of questions My concern ids the oil thing for the unit McCabe Brothers, Inc. sandra Mccabe (###) ###-####
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

always use the suggested oils/fluids by the manufacturer. I would use the lint free rags for sure as to not contaminate the tank with anything that can cause problems in the future. You can look at the filter and look at the color, thickness, ect. color tells you if it is being burned. You can also smell it. Thickness will let you know if it is giving proper lubrications to parts. if it is older fluid, it will be thinner than new fluids and it will let you know the fluid is being used properly. From what you have posted, and done, you are on the correct path. keep up the good work, and let me know if I can help further